The Benefits of Keeping Your Pubic Hair
Over the past several decades, smooth, bare skin has become mainstream for millions of people, regardless of their gender. Many enjoy shaved skin, compared to when the hair is left to grow out naturally.
Because of this, it’s become routine for some women to shave or wax their skin. Many times this results in the complete removal of their pubic hair. However, it’s a good idea to understand the benefits of keeping your pubic hair, especially as it pertains to your health. That’s why the experts at Avant Gynecology are giving you all the details on this hairy subject!
Your Pubic Hair Serves a Purpose
Here are some of the reason you might consider keeping your pubic hair:
- It provides protection against friction that can cause skin irritation in this sensitive area.
- It helps reduce the amount of sweat produced around the vagina.
- It helps block your vagina from the following bacteria and infections:
- Sexually transmitted infections.
- Urinary tract infections.
- Yeast infections.
- It helps regulate body temperature.
- It is NOT more hygienic to remove pubic hair.
Keep this information in mind the next time you feel the need to reach for your razor! Your pubic hair serves an important purpose. That being said, the decisions around your body hair are totally up to you. If you do decide to remove your pubic hair, that’s ok too. Just be sure that you use a clean razor, replace dull blades, and keep an eye on any cuts, bumps, or inflammation. When in doubt, always remember you can ask your general practitioner or gynecologist for guidance.
If you have further questions about the benefits of keeping your pubic hair, reach out to the experts at Avant Gynecology by clicking here or by giving us a call at 404-352-2850.