Dilation & Curretage Post-op Instructions
- Arrange for transportation following the procedure. You may resume driving the day after your procedure.
- Do not drive, operate potentially dangerous machinery, sign legal documents or make critical decisions the day of the procedure. You may do some light activities 24-48 hours after the procedure. Exercise is permitted after 48 hours.
- A heating pad placed on your lower abdomen can help to reduce cramping.
- Consult your physician about medication to help reduce cramping.
- You may shower but refrain from swimming and tub baths for 7 days.
- Do not put anything in the vagina for 2 weeks, including tampons and intercourse.
- You may eat as tolerated and increase your fluid intake for the next 48 hours.
Call your doctor if you experience any of the following:
- Increased abnormal discharge
- Increased post-procedural pain
- Increased bleeding
- Fever above 100.4°F